Skip to Main Content
TWUniversal is a tool to search TWU's physical and digital collections all at once. Here is how to find videos, music and images using TWUniversal.
1) Start by entering a search word or the title of a specific video or other media.
2) When you search by pressing ENTER or clicking the search button (magnifying glass), your research results will include books, articles, media and more. To refine your results to what you need, use the filter for Content Type and select the type of media you're looking for (e.g. Audio, Images or Media / Streaming).
3) Once you've chosen one or more filters, find a search result you're interested in and click its title.
4) After clicking the title, scroll down the page to the View It section. Near the words "Full text" is the name of the database where you can access the full video. Click the database name to go to the database.
5) After clicking the database name, you may be asked to log in. Use the same TWU Portal username and password that you use to log in to other TWU systems.
Now you should be able to access the video, audio file or image you were looking for! If you are unable to access the content or need help, please contact the library or your subject librarian.
A database is a searchable collection of information. Databases can contain articles, books, images, videos, audio and more. Here is how to find databases that focus on media such as videos, music and images.
1) In the A-Z Databases list, click the "All Database Types" drop-down menu and select the type of database you need: Image, Music Streaming or Video Streaming.
2) From here, you can browse database titles. To access a database, click the database title you're interested in. If there are too many databases to choose from, type a simple search word such as "dance" or "nursing" in the search bar to narrow your results.
3) After clicking a database name, you may be asked to log in. Use the same TWU Portal username and password you use to log in to other TWU systems.