A Literature Review is ...
- A gathering of published literature on a topic for the PURPOSE OF ANALYSIS.
- A CRITICAL SURVEY of existing published information on a topic in preparation for new original research, policy creation, grant funding, trend forecasting...
- Can be part of a larger work such as a Dissertation or Book.
- Can be a singular work such as a journal article.
A Literature Review is NOT ...
- a book review or summary
- an article review or summary
- a group of book reviews
- a list of related works
- a random collection of articles
- a random collection of research studies