Skip to Main Content
1. Write down the book's call number. This is like the book's address.
2. Check which floor and collection the book is located in. This will ensure you look in the correct location.
3. Use the call number to find the book on the shelf.
4. If you cannot find the book, ask a library employee for help.
5. Once you've found the book, you can either (1) take it to a scanner to scan a couple of pages or (2) take the book and your TWU ID card to the Information Desk (1st Floor) to borrow the entire book. Note: Most cookbooks cannot be checked out, but they can be scanned.
The video below is not for TWU, but TWU Libraries use the same call number system, so the process is very similar.
1. If searching in TWUniversal, click the "Online access" hyperlink beneath the book information.
2. You may have to log in using your TWU username and password.
3. With most e-books, there is no need to download it. You can simply Read Online when you need to access the book.
4. Most e-books allow you to either search within the book for something specific (1) or browse through book chapters (2) to find what you need.
5. If you encounter any technical errors or need help accessing an e-book, notify the Information Desk at 940-898-3701 or Reference@twu.edu.